- The Greek word ‘feta’ comes from the Italian word ‘fetta’, meaning
- Feta was first made by goat and sheep shepherds to preserve the milk
of the herds. The ancient recipe described in Homer’s Odyssey remains virtually unchanged.
- If feta tastes too salty for your liking, simply rinse it under a tap or soak it
in milk or water.
- Try a drizzle of moskonfyt with feta and olive bread to counterpoint the saltiness of the cheese and the olives.
- The date on the feta pack is the date by which it must be eaten.